Are Weight Loss Pills Safe?
Why don’t more people take the weight loss medications currently on the market?
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter and get the Evidence-Based Eating Guide: A Healthy Living Resource from Dr. Greger and NutritionFacts.org. Sign up at https://www.nutritionfacts.org/healthkit.
The video I mentioned is Brown Fat: Losing Weight Through Thermogenesis (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/brown-fat-losing-weight-through-thermogenesis).
Stay tuned for Are Weight Loss Pills Effective? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/are-weight-loss-pills-effective)
So what does work for weight loss? That’s the topic of my new book, How Not to Diet. You can preorder now at https://nutritionfacts.org/how-not-to-diet/, and you’ll be among the first to get it when it’s out in December. (All proceeds I receive from my books are donated to charity.)
In the meantime, you can find more on weight loss in:
• Eating More to Weigh Less (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/eating-more-to-weigh-less)
• How to Prevent Prediabetes in Children (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-prevent-prediabetes-in-children/)
• Nutrient Dense Approach to Weight Management (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/nutrient-dense-approach-to-weight-management/)
• How Much Exercise to Sustain Weight Loss (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-much-exercise-to-sustain-weight-loss/)
• Keep Your Waist Circumference to Less than Half Your Height (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/keep-your-waist-circumference-to-less-than-half-your-height/)
• Does Apple Cider Vinegar Help with Weight Loss? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/apple-cider-vinegar-help-weight-loss/)
• Can Morbid Obesity Be Reversed through Diet? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/can-morbid-obesity-be-reversed-through-diet)
• The Weight Loss Program that Got Better with Time (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-weight-loss-program-that-got-better-with-time/)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/are-weight-loss-pills-safe and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/are-weight-loss-pills-safe. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
To view the subtitles in transcript format, click on the ellipsis button below the video, choose “Open transcript”, and select the language you’d like to view them in.
Image source: e-Magine Art / flickr
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/